The World Of Anvarath

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A persistent World for NWN 2

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Latest topics

» BETA Update v1 14JUN2013
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm by Krixa

» Screenshots From World of Anvarath
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm by Krixa

» Mercenaries - Tips
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 am by Krixa

» Varuk Vazar - Dungeon Instance
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:58 pm by BlackRaven

» Skill Points - What you Should Know
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:05 pm by Krixa

» Tiers - What and Why
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 pm by Krixa

» Fort Ravik - Sewers
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:18 pm by Krixa

» Undead Apocalypse - Dungeon Instance
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:08 am by BlackRaven

» Hey there guys!
Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:23 am by Olander

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 15 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm

5 posters

Screenshots From World of Anvarath

twistedwolf
    twistedwolf
    Admin

Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 Empty Re: Screenshots From World of Anvarath

Post  twistedwolf Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm

A few more shots added enjoy
    Olander
    Olander

Screenshots From World of Anvarath - Page 2 Empty Re: Screenshots From World of Anvarath

Post  Olander Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 am

Hey All!

Olander here.

A new event/instance has been posted. Undead Apocalypse

Since this is Beta all the tools to level up and gear your character are in the starting area.

When: Saturday May 18th
    **Server will be online Friday night actually.

As long as the Server is Online this will be playable after then. I will be updating the World of Anvarath Web Pages during our Beta process.

To Connect use Direct Connect:
    75.74.177.42:5120

Remember you will need: NWN2 and both Exapansions....MoTB, and SOZ

When you first connect it will take 45-60 minutes for the Autodownload process. Once everything is updated I will post here again for downloading the haks and installing them manually. Either method will work. The Server will check and sync files in any case.

This will be a riot.

Cheers
    O
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Wed May 15, 2013 2:07 am

Will be there! Shit yes Im excited. Keep me posted on what time on saturday O so I can change it and find out what time Aus. Oh yeah almost forgot to ask..will all the races be available? So Vordane, Woads, Nordane, Opplane etc?
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

So...I have the Instancing Tiers working for the Area. This means TW's Fort Ravik Tomb/Dungeon is very playable.

Basically it will be a combat challenge at this point. In the DM Area there is a Demo of the Bank Storage, Auction House, Appearance Mirror, and a Merchant Sign. There are also a couple of linked areas from here....

There is not much to do since this has been mainly a get systems working portion. So have a look if you want. The areas we do have look fabulous. Will be a lot of fun.

Anvarath & Campaign Map
    here=> www.standsurestudio.com/WoA/Maps/

Fort Ravik
    Middlemarch

Server will be online:
    Saturday 21:00 UTC
    **You can make your own conversions from there.

Server Direct Connect:
    75.74.177.42:5120
    pass: pl12

Content and Server Files (HAK, TLK, Music)
    **Available at Server Online
    You can use the Auto Downloader (super simple)
    or Manual download them:
    haks here => www.standsurestudio.com/WoA/Haks/
    tlk here => http://www.standsurestudio.com/WoA/TLK/
    music here => http://www.standsurestudio.com/WoA/Music/

There will always be files to sync so the ADL will do that portion in any case.

The Server will stay online except for updates so you may log in at any time. Now that the systems are working well there will be a lot of content being added rapidly.

Seems like many are busy so getting a group is rough right now but...hire a companion. If I see anyone online I will be there for sure.

Cheers
    Olander/Krixa
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Fri May 17, 2013 10:26 pm

7:00 am Sunday for me that's great. I can make that easy. Hope to see some more people there as well.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sat May 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Files are still uploading. Server should be up within an hour.

Pretty close actually. lol

Above information is still solid.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sat May 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Fixing a log in bug and it will be up.
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Downloading whatever is currently on the auto-downloader now.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sat May 18, 2013 10:21 pm

I saw you logging in....now gone. TW and I are waiting. We played around a bit and heading for Fort Ravik. See ya in there.
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Sat May 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Yeah, there is a few errors wit the Auto Downloader, it couldn't find anv_anim1.hak so I am doing it manually. Plus I went and mowed the lawn so I've missed you guys.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sun May 19, 2013 12:45 am

Uploading that one now and checking for any others. I am heading back in to do some clothing. hehe
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sun May 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Hey all...

Making notes as we go through this phase. There are a lot of thing inactive system wise but the base is working.

Thanks to tkrVector for coming today. The server hung twice on us for some reason. not sure why. Once the 2nd restart happened TW and I went through the Fort Ravik Dungeon (set up as Tier 1). Good fun. I have a small list to add modify to make it play nicer. Doing that today.

Sorry tkrVector for the issues. No idea why it hung. Thank you for coming. It will be fun.

Now to see Ravan's Red Head. LOL!! that will be cool.

Yay!!!
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 am

Should be able to poke my head in tonight.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi All!

I know this is kind of a collection of posts but since everyone watches this one....kind of convenient. LOL

Well...I finally figured out the random Server Lock Up. It has to do with a combination of 3 things...but mainly 2.

Appearance Mirror (heavily modified NWNX4 XPCraft) hits the database but also hits the Acquired and Unacquired Module Events. There are a few scripts that monitor these scripts and that is where the problem is being multiplied.

Legends Systems (was using each of them) is competing in the previous scripts but also trying to write to SQL and not being directed the the Bioware DB as it should be....only in some cases. There are so many things tied together with variables it is tricky to nail down which is causing the issue.

So....because Legends (pretty cool stuff actually) requires SQL to be able to use in the Toolset (via Plugins) this stuff needs to be removed.

Once I removed this....no more crashes....the mirror was fine...the server worked well. One bad thing here....to get rid of the Legends Systems the module needs to be rebuilt. Ugggh. I never expected this. This sucks.

Anyhow....once I re-stage the server autodownloader you may end up DLing all of the server files again. Maybe not all but right now it is unknown.

The server will be back into Beta Online state Wednesday night (EST US). So if you great people want to go on a couple dungeon romps or spend time at the mirror...it will be back up.

Sorry....did not expect this one.

Krixa
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 am

Hi All!

The Module Rebuild went pretty well actually. The AutoDL did not do what I expected....it did what it should have done and require the only 2 DLs I updated. That was really handy to know!

Thanks to Ravan, and TW for coming with me for a very cool Fort Ravik Dungeon romp. tkrVector was online for a moment but disappeared. Sorry you missed it. hehe...there will be a lot more fun coming!

I am activating more and more systems and play testing them. Feedback is always nice.

TW has another Dungeon painted and we are going to implement that for the weekend as well! TW may post a couple teasers pics here.

When you log in....make sure you check your PC Tools Bar and click PC Book. It has a lot of information in it. More being added all the time too.

So join in the frakking fun! hehe!!
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Fri May 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi All!

Just thought I would pop in to say how it is going.

Fort Ravik is really coming to life!
    - Fort Ravik....populating now with Nord.
    - Bannard Mare Inn....nice tavern feel to it. Scar and Helga have some really great banter.
    **Missing NPCs, Companions, Tavern Food and Drink
    - Fort Ravik Bathing House....super steamy and relaxing...fully ready.
    - Central Market....fully ready.
    - Fort Ravik Dungeon....very playable.
    - Fort Ravik Sewers....populating now.
    - Fort Ravik Mercenaries for hire!! Check them out in the Central Market.
    - Added back in the Shield and Weapon mods at the Mirror in the Central Market until the Crafting Hall is complete.
    - Questing and Bounties Systems soon to be implemented.
    - Treasure and XP soon as well.

Bugs Resolved!
    - Torches and Lanterns finally work! That was brutal!
    - AI has been a challenge....working well now.
    - Fixed the Bleeding Flip Flop bug. The AI is still choosing you to beat on if you are Solo...but you are not taking damage. Trying to get them to Pop Off in this AI.
    - Summons and Animal Companions are working properly now.
    - Resting is working properly now.
    - Databases have been moved to individual characters which resolves the 'Strange' log in as Dead or HTF is empty. It is easy now to reset the Character as well.

Adding Content!
    - TW's Middlemarch Pass Crypt/Dungeon is close to ready.
    - Cult Tower North of Fort Ravik is being done now.
    - Dabnog Bog South of Fort Ravik will come with the Cult Tower.
    - Tunnels and Mines of the Iron Hills. Massive Tunnel Network connecting Middlemarch to Fort Ravik.
    - Celdath Keep and Wetlands coming with the Tunnels.
    - 5 Bandit Bosses with their ilk
    - Cult of Nurimval
    - Greavers and Zevaash

Would be nice to hear from some of you that have logged in and created characters. I know there does not seem to be a point....no XP and Loot....but...the Character Builds and Mercenaries and the difficulty and experience of the Fort Ravik Dungeon. That is our Combat Test as a Tier 1 set up Dungeon. TW, Ravan, and I have gone in there but not really had any opinions from anyone besides TW and I. Anything you folks can add or say please do.

Regards!
    Krixa
    BlackRaven

Post  BlackRaven Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:22 am

Good to hear the lanterns are fixed, Should be interesting to see the populated towns and sewers. Also good to here the bleeding issue is fixed.

As for suggestion O's one thing for Fort Ravik I would perhaps drop the enemy numbers in those big rooms down slightly by maybe 2-4. And perhaps add in a nasty trap, I remember back in the original in that Dragon Island place you had a Gas chamber kinda one perhaps something like that. Or Like I said that last game some paralyzation on the spider boss or in that throne room if you sit on the throne and perhaps have that trigger more enemies.

Nuingaer will be jumping on soon so I will have a few rounds with him and we can give you a more detailed Appraisal then, we shan't be kind Twisted Evil
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 am

I did adjust the Dungeon quite a bit with numbers and difficulty *Using the Old Anvarath Math Formula and Tweaking to fit NWN2*

We are getting very close to the proper settings.

The Final Boss Fight in Fort Ravik Dungeon is a tough fight. Intended to be.

All Dungeons are set up for 4 Charactes (Players/Cohorts). They are not meant to Solo. We have other areas for that....like the Sewers and many areas to come.

The Dungeon there early has been our test at a Real Live Dungeon....it is a permanent place of adventure...and You Will be able to Manually Configure the Tier on it once we get the Math Right.

I used Poulstices and Tank (Champion/WM and Warrior/Champion)....got to Final Room. Was overwhelmed there.

I used Bregil (Healer10/Champion5) and also got to the final room then had a solid fight but got overwhelmed.

So...with Mercs and a Solid Tankish Character....the Final Boss Room can be had.

Now that Treasure is in....goodies to be had as well.

It would be great to assemble an RP Group with 4 actual Players.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi All!

I added Treasure to the Sewer and Dungeon. Going to remove a little from the Sewer but add much more to the Dungeon. So far the game play is a lot of fun. With Fatigue being a huge part of Casting and Poulstices being a huge factor with Melee this creates a rather nice economy.

Also...Trond Consortium Mercenaries are in...2,000 Coin each as well as the Nord Guild for hire at 4,000 Coin each. Two types....Melee and Ranged. Very good help....well worth the cost.

I am going to take some screen shots tonight and post them here.

The rest of the week will be painting and our Cohorts.

I am up for a great group as well.

*wink*
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Well...I am tired.

...Removed posting

Going to Drink Myself to death. Ruby Port here I come.

Server is still happening. TW calmed my Napalm attack with Blue Rays...or whatever that was.

Off to drinking.

Last edited by Krixa on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    twistedwolf
    twistedwolf
    Admin

Post  twistedwolf Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:11 pm

/

Last edited by twistedwolf on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Your Blue Rays seem to work at receding meltdowns.

I am a Scot and have a temper. Get it already? I am prime for Melting Down.

I cannot Lead this. It consumes me. What we have going here is very encouraging....bringing back the Old Anvarath in your face fun with oodles of trinkets. This is where I am. I need to follow someone or a team on this. Kind of strange sounding....but....it is how it is.

There is plenty of information that needs to be known...and more importantly....group playing that MUST be done before we can take the Password off the Server and go live.

We are so very close to Live....way ahead of schedule. This means once the Haven Frak Freaks get a whiff of this place we will have many of them. Adventuring sucks there and we have most of their tools. Baldur's Gate is another we will have oodles of players from...so the prospects are good for 30+ easy.

I really do not care if it is 6 or 90...I miss great RP and an in your face smashing good time. Other servers have 1 or the other...tough to find both. So here it is.

My mind just went blank....must be the Ruby Port. Ohh well...time to get drunk.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Okie Dokie. Huge...Massive...Ginormous Update coming Friday Eve.

I made a separate posting on this. Please see that.

Also added more screenshots to the gallery. More to come.
    Krixa
    Krixa

Post  Krixa Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Server has been nuked by team members. Meaning it is how it is and is not getting updated further.

Later
    Krixa

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 am