The World Of Anvarath

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A persistent World for NWN 2

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

Latest topics

» BETA Update v1 14JUN2013
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm by Krixa

» Screenshots From World of Anvarath
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm by Krixa

» Mercenaries - Tips
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 am by Krixa

» Varuk Vazar - Dungeon Instance
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:58 pm by BlackRaven

» Skill Points - What you Should Know
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:05 pm by Krixa

» Tiers - What and Why
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 pm by Krixa

» Fort Ravik - Sewers
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 6:18 pm by Krixa

» Undead Apocalypse - Dungeon Instance
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:08 am by BlackRaven

» Hey there guys!
Mercenaries - Tips I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:23 am by Olander

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 15 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Mercenaries - Tips

Krixa
    Krixa

Mercenaries - Tips Empty Mercenaries - Tips

Post  Krixa Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 am

Mercenaries (Mercs)

There are many different types of Free Folk that have come to their local guilds to apply their services for adventure, glory, and coin. These guilds operate like a mobile small military and funded completely on their own. Where the 'Crown' is responsible for an entire people the Guilds are small elite groups of talent. The 'Crown' welcomes and even backs them behind the scenes.

Destiny Shapers/Changers are well sought by the Merc Guilds because danger is always at their front. The guilds have staged themselves usually at the Central Markets where adventurous souls may sign up but also where the Destiny Shapers can throw down coin.

How To:
    To hire any mercs you must become a leader. All the guilds have come together on this and made a leadership badge to solve this issue. Cost to be a Leader is 50,000 coin. The prospective Leader may have to prove themselves as well.

Once you have become a Leader you will also have received a Merc Control Tool. This is how you control the Mercs that are following you.

1) Targetting Yourself. This will tell the Mercs to Follow You. They will stay within 5M or so. As they are battling they will check in your position and will return if you are more than 30M away.

2) Targetting the Ground tells the Mercs to Rally at that Location. They will basically head for that location and guard that spot. As long as they are in Combat they will continue to battle....even moving further away. This can get them spread out. Completely Intended. To get them back in control...you are the Leader....make them Follow You.

3) Targetting the Merc will Dismiss him/her.

Things to Know:
    Mercs will Auto Upgrade to the Tier of the Player and not the Zone. Meaning....the same Merc with a Level 10 Player (Tier 1) and a Level 15 Player (Tier 2) is different. The Tier 1 Merc is +1 with Upgraded Attributes. The Tier 2 is +2...and so on. So Mercs never go out of style. Handy!!

Mercs can be Healed with Spells and Poulstices. They can also receive buffing spells as well.

Mercs are random but come in two flavours. Melee and Ranged. Having Mixed groups of Melee and ranged is rough. The Ranged works very well with the Rally Point or if the Player is a Ranged Type player. Obviously the Melee can get out of control with a Rally Point which defeats the effectiveness of the Ranged Merc. You will have to figure out your own strategies....so have fun and experiment.

Mercs are a fantastic addition to WoA (brought in from my old LoME Server Module and modified)....and well needed!

Enjoy!
    Krixa

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm